Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, October 31, 2008

Hiking at Big M

 


I was good all morning... made phone calls, answered emails that have been backing up and did a load of laundry. But since today was supposed to be the nicest day of the next three, I decided to go for a hike in the afternoon. Big M is a XC ski and mountain bike area in the Manistee National Forest. I've been working on getting the info for it collected for my Get Off The Couch web site, but it's really big and is going to take multiple trips to walk all the trails. Today Maggie the dog and I walked about seven miles. We did the Double Bit and Catamount Trails.


Quiet trails on a warm autumn day are great! On one dirt two-track we found these tracks of a really big whitetail buck! We also saw a nuthatch, grouse, a great horned owl, and a sharp-shinned hawk.

See Playtime at Big M
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!





No comments: