Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Grilled Cheese on Snow

 

We hit the mid 40's today and the snow turned to mush with mud underneath. Maggie and I did our mushy-snow walk, which is a 3-mile road loop. It's not very interesting, but it's a good length. It's also good to take her for a leash walk every so often so that she doesn't forget leash etiquette.

Here was our big find. It's a still life. I have named it "Grilled Cheese on Snow."




See Paper Bag with Fish
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


9 comments:

rainfield61 said...

Am I right this time that Maggie pursued her table etiquette not to grab the piece of grilled cheese?

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Hi rainfield - she has great etiquette when being yanked on by a short leash!

(are you kidding? she's a dog- this was perhaps one of the cleanest things she wanted to eat on our walk! ;-P )

Rick (Ratty) said...

I've never seen grilled cheese on snow before now, but today I saw breadcrumbs on snow.

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Hi Ratty- are you still up? Well, it seemed odd to me too, but it was more picturesque than the two smashed butternut squash which preceded it by only a few yards. People do discard some strange items!

Unknown said...

I like snow. We don't have it here in Malaysia

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Hi +++ We have LOTS of snow. Some of it went away yesterday which is pretty good. The snowbanks were getting to high to throw the snow on to. Today I can see the top of the mailbox... it has been just a door in the snowbank for several weeks. Come look at my pix any time for the next couple months if you are lonely for snow!

Anonymous said...

I must be very hungry because I immediately felt sorry for the person who dropped it!

Carnation said...

did maggie eat it? thanks for the visit and the drops

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Hi A- what I can't quite figure is how it landed so perfectly, with no wrappings, container, bounce... I did not pose it.

Carnation- Maggie sure had that idea in mind, but I really discourage the road snacks. I trust dead things in the woods better than stuff thrown from cars. A short leash works well for me (I'm sure she has a different opinion!)