Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Twin Trouble

This must have been a fantastic year for twin fawns. Almost every whitetail deer family I see has twins. Including the family in my lawn. This one says, "I'm very cute."

whitetail fawn

The other one says, "I'm a little shy."

whitetail fawn

"But look at my lovely ears and eyelashes."

whitetail fawn

"Who cares, I can catch my tail."

whitetail fawn

The person behind the camera says, "Adorable now, goodbye flowers later."


11 comments:

blueyes said...

They are such beautiful creatures. Thanks for all the pics ;)

vanilla said...

Awesome!

Secondary Roads said...

They are beautiful. It's been a few weeks since we've seen our local twins. They are quite shy. I do see hoof prints around the place though.

Ann said...

aw how adorable they are. What fun to get to watch them

rainfield61 said...

It is fun to have seen this little fawn.

It makes me feeling younger.

Rick (Ratty) said...

Wonderful, wonderful pictures of these fawns. I love every chance I get to see some.

Sharkbytes said...

blueeyes- they are beautiful- overall my view is a bit jaundiced- we have WAY too many.

vanilla- want 'em?

chuck- there is nothing shy about this family. they practically come up to the house. mom and the first fawn are really bold.

Ann- girls would kill for those eyelashes

rainfield- i tried to get a video of one of them playing last week, but I was too slow. It was dancing around

ratty- i like 'em, but there are just TOO many

betchai said...

oh wow, beautiful shots, the details and lines are awesome.

Gail said...

Cute pix!

Sharkbytes said...

betchai- they were only about 10 feet from the house

Gail- the first one was quite a poser.

unikorna said...

Oh soo beautiful, oh how I wish I could pet and kiss his little nose. You must be so happy having baby fawns on your lawn :))). How come they got there? You live in the vicinity of a forest?