Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Colors are Still With Us


Every time I think the fall colors are all gone, I find another surprise. Today was a work day, and I was trying to stay ahead of a big black cloud (and pretty much did), but the sun shining around the dark cloud made the hills near Luther very dramatic.

hillside with fall colors

hillside with fall colors

They really need a panoramic view, but then the picture would be very narrow.

The sun through the remaining bright leaves does jeweled magic. There were water drops on these leaves that sparkled, but they didn't show in the picture.

orange maple leaves

See Indian Summer 2011
if you like this blog, click the +1  

10 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

That is a very lovely area near Luther. Sylvia has a brother at Leroy and a sister at Tustin.

gallerydarrow said...

How absolutely stunning!!

john bain said...

Amazing how much beauty there is in decay. Soon be spring again!

Ann said...

you've provided us with fabulous fall landscapes. We still have a lot of color here but not much sun

Always Sick Chick said...

I love fall foliage, the colors, the reds, oranges and yellows...that's what I miss the most living in the desert. Those photos were amazing, too. The last one is my favorite.

Rick (Ratty) said...

Very beautiful scenery. I hope fall sticks around for awhile this year. I'm not sure what to expect out of winter where I'm living right now, except for lots of snow.

Loretta said...

Our colors have peaked here in Alabama this week...absolutely gorgeous. I need to get out with the camera..

Sharkbytes said...

Chuck- I seem to be up that way a lot lately, with work assignments.

Ro- autumn is really hard to beat for exuberance!

John- I LIKE winter, so I'll be just as happy when the snow starts.

Ann- the sunny days are what really makes it all shine

Sick Chick- thanks for stopping by. I hope you really aren't sick all the time. My standard cure for "everything" is to take a walk in the woods.

Ratty- Hello, my friend. Nice to see you. I'm off to check for a status update on your blog.

betchai said...

beautiful shots Sharkbytes, love the colors.

RNSANE said...

I'm getting my fall foliage fix right here on your blog!