Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Lake Effect

 
We got genuine lake effect snow today, and right at the lake the total was 14-16 inches. Probably a foot at our house. I had to go out and do some assignments.

This picture is not the highway, but it's not really a back road either.

snowy road

I actually think this picture gives you the best idea!

snow plow

See Snow on Big Sable Headwaters
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


10 comments:

rainfield61 said...

Snow, snow, snow.

It becomes a pond of water in my country.

Shelly said...

Those pics make me glad I live in Florida. Although, ice and snow can be beautiful.

Hugs and chocolate,
Shelly

RNSANE said...

I'd be home, snug in my bed, with my electric throw and a double cup of strong French dark roast coffee, cheering you on your way.

Ann said...

I cringe every time I hear the words lake effect. I feel for you, that's a lot of snow.

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello sharkbytes its dennis the vizsla dog hay dada sez those pikchers tayk him bak to the days wen he and mama and tucker and trixie and trouble and pooh bear all livd in the mithikal land of noo york and he had to drive on roads wot lookd like that!!! it duz not seem like they ar fond memoreez!!! altho he sez snow wuz a lot of fun wen he wuz a kid and did not hav to kleer it or drive in it!!! ok bye

Chuck said...

That is a lot of snow! Lake effect snow is always big snow.

Lin said...

Holy cow! That IS a lot of snow! We don't have any at the moment. I hear we might get some this week. It's such a weird winter here.

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Lucky dog!

Sharkbytes said...

rainfield- I'm thinking it never even makes it to the ground!

shelly- I like it

Carmen- It's so refreshing though

Ann- it's so fluffy, the Lake Effect usually is

Dennis- many fond memories of winters in NY- tell your dada

Chuck- Thanks for visiting!

Lin- none? That is weird.

John- yes, and I've been snowshoeing. But they are saying rain tomorrow. Bah.

Secondary Roads said...

That is a lot of snow and your photos make it appear so beautiful. Nor would I argue with such convincing visual evidence.