Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Making You Cross-Eyed?

 
Today was supposed to be some snow showers to usher out winter. Instead, we had a genuine mini-blizzard. It was N-A-S-T-Y! I had to work, though, and I loved this red pine plantation with the snow so evenly sifted on the branches.

snow in red pines

It's like one of those optical illusions that make your eyes hurt!

snow in red pines

And I got dog kisses from a German Shepherd at the next stop. He was young, happy, and wanted to play. Made me smile. I'm missing the whole dog presence thing, as well as Maggie in particular.

if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


4 comments:

vanilla said...

I believe "strange" describes these photos!

jeanlivingsimple said...

They do make you a bit cross-eyed..but they are both stunning pics!
Oh...I'm sure you do miss your Maggie. I was so sorry to hear about her pasting.Our furbabies sure do grab our hearts in a special way. I still tear up when remembering my pets who have gone to Rainbow Land.
Hugs.

Secondary Roads said...

I had to drive through that nasty stuff. Not nice.

Nothing like a bit of doggy love to make everything right.

Ann said...

a nice snowy scene. I can relate to missing the dog presence. It didn't take long after my chocolate lab was put down to go out in search of Duke