Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, August 30, 2013

Hazard or Beauty?

 
Out doing assignments today. One property had six outbuildings, all in disrepair. That makes for a lot of work for me taking and processing and labeling pictures. The insurance company only sees a broken window frame and peeling paint. But my "other" set of eyes liked this picture a lot. What do you see?

barn wall with goldenrod

Off for a night of work very soon.

if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!

9 comments:

D.G. Hudson said...

What makes for interesting photos can be a pain if it's your own property - leaking windows cause damage.

I do like to photograph old barns, and other buildings - before they keel over. I'm documenting.

wenn said...

that flowering plant is a lovely sight!

Duxbury Ramblers said...

I love the photo, our old shed/chicken hut is in very similar condition, is the plant canadian golden rod ??

vanilla said...

Allergens?

Lin said...

Hahaha! I like Vanilla's comment.:P

Secondary Roads said...

The works of man crumble and fade. God's creation continues to renew itself. That includes the golden rod.

Unknown said...

Yes. It's very lovely photo, and there is something appealing about ancient and decrepit things that have been well used and loved.

Ann said...

All I saw was the golden rod until I read "broken window frame" The golden rod is getting into full swing around here. I always love seeing the fields of yellow

RNSANE said...

How pretty the yellow goldenrod is against the dilapidated siding.