Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, November 4, 2013

Primary Colors

 

I still have a lot of cleaning up and putting away to do, but the splashboard is done!

I'm liking it.

colored splashboard

Of course, now you can tell how faded the curtains are. Sigh. I love that fabric. I was hoping I wouldn't have to ever change them, but they really are dingy looking.

And at some point in time, the dead dishwasher needs to leave. And, the drawer that isn't quite closed? Well, the real fix is $15 and a four week wait for a stupid little piece of plastic. Meanwhile, I taped the old bracket, but it keeps the drawer from closing. I'm contemplating how I can make my own.

See Project Progress
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!

6 comments:

Ann said...

what a fun splashboard you've created. Even on dreary days you've got a bright and happy spot right there in your kitchen

vanilla said...

"One thing leads to another, and another. . ."

Secondary Roads said...

That looks super good. Nice work Shark.

Duxbury Ramblers said...

Like the splashback :) pity you can't root through our shed I am sure you find something to make do and mend for the drawer :)

Lin said...

What Vanilla said. Sigh.

It looks great, Sharkey! It's a nice pop of color. I hope you can find a nice bright fabric for your curtains now.

RNSANE said...

I love the color....it's nice to brighten up the place.