Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Trail(er) Dreamin'

 
The wind is still wuthering and shrieking and FILLING IN THE DRIVEWAY I JUST OPENED, but I'm not going to think about that right now.

There' a Marty Robbins cowboy song I like called "Trail Dreamin'." It's about riding a horse, but of course I always think about hiking, but today, I'm thinking about my little trailer. Right now, it's still huddled in the snow.

And yet, "Visions glow as I go trail dreamin'. I see a home on a blue mountain dome..."

travel trailer

Today, I published Bury the Hatchet in Dead Mule Swamp (Get yours at Smashwords or Amazon.) This is not only personally gratifying, but I hope it gets me one step closer to my goal of more independence. Maybe this is TMI, but at $2.99 each, I'll get about $2 for every full-price sale. Not a fortune, but there are already some dedicated Anastasia Raven fans who will be sure to buy it. And books in series are popular, if well-enough written. The other three have done well enough that I'm definitely encouraged to keep it up.

Also, today, I was offered some free-lance editing. If this works out, it could be a real breakthrough. It's for sure I can't travel much with two part-time jobs tied to this local area. And it's also for sure I can't travel without an income. More mobile, writing income is incredibly awesome!

"There'a a rainbow trail that's lined with stars, That leads to a gate with moonbeam bars..."

Can you see me here? ...in my little portable office, writing about all kinds of things, and hiking, and...

travel trailer
(with or without the guy on the roof)

See Interior Tour
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!

4 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

I can just imagine some daydreaming with a new trailer! Where are you headed?

Ann said...

The scene in the picture lends well to the dream. I wonder, is that Om on the roof of that trailer. :)

Aaron Paul Lazar said...

Congrats on your new release! I plan to buy/read shortly!

Lin said...

I love your little camper...wish I had one!

I was thinking of you and that camper the other day....waiting to see where it takes you.