Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Lone Elk Road

 
Out doing cases this afternoon. Trying to save some miles by using back roads. I was just following my nose north, as long as there was no sign "Dead End" or "No Outlet" ahead of me. However, road signs are often lacking at many of these intersections.

Turned a corner and said to myself, "I've been here before!" I had come in from the other direction looking for an elusive address (that turned out to be wrong). Then I knew I was going to come out where I wanted to.

Lone Elk Road

And I did! That end of the road has a sign: Lone Elk Road. I did not see the elk. If there ever was one it's been decades since they were wild in this area. Probably just someone's idea of a northwoods name. But it was my kind of road!

See Entering the Tunnel
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


5 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

My kind of road too.

The Furry Gnome said...

My kind of road too.

Rick (Ratty) said...

This is exactly what I've been having fun doing, exploring the back roads.

Secondary Roads said...

Sure looks like my kind of secondary road.

Ann said...

Looks like the perfect road to travel to me. At least in good weather.