Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, February 26, 2015

The First Free Motel

 
Who says internet friends aren't real friends? Baloney. Two people whom I met through blogging have turned out to be some of my best friends. That's Chuck and Sylvia (of Secondary Roads). Almost two years ago we turned that electronic connection into a real one, and I've stopped in to see them as often as I could since then.


Chuck

Sylvia

We spent the evening visiting, made a little music, discussed and compared good books we'd read. We always part reluctantly, wanting to spend more time together. I guess that's part of what makes a good friendship!

Tomorrow I'll be on the road all day.

See The Truth about the Blog-Posting Murderers Fest
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!

4 comments:

Lin said...

Oh, how I wish I lived closer! What a wonderful thing to pop in and see Chuck and Sylvia...and you, too! That group of bloggers is such a treasure. Wonderful people!!

vanilla said...

You are so blessed to have an evening with Sylvia and Chuck!

Safe travels.

Ann Thompson said...

people who think blogging is silly are missing out on some great friendships

Secondary Roads said...

Sylvia and Chuck thank you for the visit, great music and stimulating discussion. Our best wishes go with you as you travel.