Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, March 9, 2015

Philadelphia Flower Show 2015- Major Movie Exhibits II

 
Here are three more of the movie sets interpreted with plants.

You know they would include Frozen. It seems to be the only movie on anyone's mind these days... at least if you are a kid. I haven't seen it. The display passed the girl test: Anja and Mia liked it.

Philadelphia Flower Show 2015 movie display Frozen

Here's a detail. Despite being blue and geometric, this exhibit failed my personal taste test. Just doesn't seem very creative to me.

Philadelphia Flower Show 2015 movie display Frozen

Let's move along to Mulan. I have seen this movie, and actually liked it. For those of you who don't do animated films the general idea is that a daughter takes the place of her aging father in the army to fulfill their family obligation. The story is based on an actual Chinese legend. It was less stereotyped than many Disney films.

Philadelphia Flower Show 2015 movie display Mulan

Of course Oriental gardens are always beautiful, so enjoying this one was a no-brainer.

Philadelphia Flower Show 2015 movie display Mulan

For creativity, the exhibit for Finding Nemo wins my vote.

Philadelphia Flower Show 2015 movie display Finding Nemo

That said, there's usually at least one display each year that is supposed to look like it's under water by putting a boat and dock up high. One, a few years ago, did the water much better.

Philadelphia Flower Show 2015 movie display Finding Nemo

But what I like about this is the plants chosen to grow in the sea bed. They mixed and matched dozens of things that would be goofy together in real life, but it all worked to look like what you might find in a fanciful undersea world.

Philadelphia Flower Show 2015 movie display Finding Nemo

See Inspired by Movies- I
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!

5 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Remarkable what they do for a brief few days of a show.

vanilla said...

Perhaps what is "goofy" in a real-life garden is in the eye of the beholder? So pleased that I get to visit this flower show through your eyes.

Secondary Roads said...

I like Finding Nemo too.

Ann Thompson said...

I think Mulan is my favorite of these today.

Lin said...

Oh, I liked Finding Nemo too!! VERY creative.