Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Spring-y Break

 
At work, one of the office people brought in these nest cakes for our break, and she remembered us filthy folk in the mailroom!

bird nest cakes

It was a wonderful day, made it into the 60s. I was out doing cases. Had to walk some more. So sad. Not. Here's a little lake I did not even know existed. Casin Lake.

Casin Lake

And there is some spring-y activity going on there too. The fishies are swimming. Can you find them?

fish

And the geese seem to be looking for a nest site.

geese nesting

Warm sun with cool air, a nice walk. What more could I need?

See Hiking and Watching the Fishermen
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


4 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

It's great to see the warmer weather pictures. I want to get out and do all kinds of nature things now. Your first picture makes me think back to all the fun Easters when I was a kid.

Secondary Roads said...

Shadows betray the swimmers' presence. I agree spring is here and better to follow.

vanilla said...

Good signs all. The fish may be looking for a nesting spot, too. For a bit later, probably.

Ann Thompson said...

sounds like you had it all. Those little cakes look good