Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, May 13, 2016

It's a Hack Job

 
And thus the conclusion of my major springtime goal. Not only does the lawnmower run, but its flat tire is fixed and back in place.

It started to rain this afternoon, but after I got the wheel back on I managed to get most of the remaining lawn hacked off for the first go round of the year.

mowed lawn

I do call it hacked, not mowed. As you can see it's totally ugly with huge clumps of grass, weeds, and chopped baby autumn olive trees now scattered around. The debris is so thick I think I'll need to rake it off. But it's really raining now, so that job will wait.

mowed lawn

Sorry, another day with no pretty pictures, but my quality for the day was all about accomplishments.

See A Major Spring Goal
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


3 comments:

Ann said...

job well done. I hope you don't have to rake all that by hand. Do you have a rake to put on the back of your mower?

Secondary Roads said...

Some days, accomplishment is the best that one can do. That's okay.

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello sharkbytes its dennis the vizsla dog hay hakd or mowd eether way it smels like freshly cut grass to me!!! ha ha ok bye