Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Parting Shots

 
I'm on the road, and look what gave me a full display before leaving. All three poppy buds opened. I don't think I've ever had three blooms at one time. Nice with the raindrops on them too.

salmon poppy

All hitched up and ready to roll.

Companion travel trailer

Two hours later I arrived at my first stop.

Companion travel trailer

Yes, here I am at Chuck and Sylvia's for the night. It's pretty amazing how an internet friendship can turn into one of the best in one's life. We stumbled across each other's blogs about five years ago because of a common interest in rural living.

friends

Of course I wanted a tour of the flower gardens!

Rose in bud- very fragrant

rose

And a peony glowing in the late sunshine.

peony



See Trailer-ing
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


2 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

We certainly enjoyed your visit. Thanks for helping with the fence around our garden. To us that help was huge. Enjoy your hike.

Lin said...

And the best flowers are Chuck and Sylvia!! Oh, and YOU, of course!