Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

North Coast Inland Trail

 
The day was defined by a rail-trail, the North Coast Inland Trail. I walked it for all but the last three miles. Thus, I saw a lot of this

North Coast Inland Trail

The best thing to do when the trail is boring is to look for interesting details. This old road grader is way cool.

antique road grader

The farmer might not, but I liked these morning glories growing all through the corn.

morning glories

And my faithful support crew (who claim to be quite content waiting on me), of Ester and Jade.

person and dog in car

It rained from 11am on, and before the final three miles Ester came and took my pack and electronics (which were plastic bagged, but just dead weight at that point), and I went on to make 15.7 miles for the day. Total of 32 miles so far. Halfway for this trip!



See Portage River
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


2 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

Three cheers for the support crew.

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello sharkbytes its dennis the vizsla dog hay thats us dogs!!! always reddy to support owr hyooman frends!!! ok bye