Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, June 5, 2017

Voices of the Past and Future

 
Today was just a collection of various things, but I was very productive. Good to have energy on a day I can use it for things of my choosing.

For openers, a guy who helped spot me for a hike long ago contacted me and said he had to come to Ludington. So we had breakfast together and got caught up. He's also a hiker, who has done several hundred miles of the North Country Trail. We had a nice visit. At the end, he reminded me that I still owe everyone a second book. Yeah, I know. North Country Quest has 6 1/2 chapters done and holding.

friends

This was the hike I blogged about in 2009, Only a Few Miles But Oh So Good. The snow was about 3 feet deep, and I snowshoed 4 miles to connect two previous hikes. It was a neat little jaunt, on which I saw fox tracks

North Country Trail sign in snow

On the way home I stopped at Meijer to get groceries. They've been doing something on the edge of the parking lot for over a week, but I didn't know what. Aha! Tesla charging stations. Pretty cool beans.

Tesla charging stations

Worked on a contract job. Mowed some grass (that is a big deal... second mowing this year and no machine issues). Now I'm going to make yogurt. My work week starts in the morning. I just have to keep reminding myself that those paychecks are my ticket to being able to work less and write more sometime in the not too distant future.

if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


2 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

I would not have expected a Tesla charging station in Ludington. The world is changing.

Ann Thompson said...

You fit qute a lot into your day