Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, June 8, 2017

Weekend Hike Prep- Food is Done

 
I've hinted about a weekend adventure. Yup! SueAnn Crawford (and Sophie, of course) and I are going to backpack the Fife Lake Loop, which is about 21 miles. I got the food finished and all packaged tonight.

backpacking food packages

You've seen this before, on a much grander scale. But it's the same thing as usual, just not nearly so much work. Good thing, too. I've been working so many hours I haven't had much time. The lunches are all together in that one old apple bag. For only a weekend trip there's not much reason to separate them, so I just put the labels on the table beside it so you could see.

Here are the menus:

Breakfast:
1. Juice
Hot grapenuts
Dried fruit

2. Juice
Paul Bunyan Bars
spotted applesauce leather


Morning Snack:
1. Classic Gorp

3. Dried fruit & nut mix

Extra Snack:
trail shakes


Lunch:
1. Breton crackers
peanut butter, cheese
veggie plops
Riessen candies

2. Multi-grain crackers
peanut butter, cheese
mushroom sandwiches
Riessen candies


Hot Meal:
1. Beef-barley stew w/dumplings
Raspberry-rhubarb cobbler

2. Gravy Bacospuds
Cheese crackers
molasses pecan bars

Beverages:
Coffee
Tea

Total weight 40.7 ounces, which works out to 1.27 pounds per person per day. This is just about perfect for what Marie and I eat when backpacking. SueAnn thinks she's good with that amount too. Marie and I are good with 1.2 pounds pppd, but I'm glad this is a tiny bit more because SueAnn hasn't backpacked in quite a while and has no idea what her appetite will be.

Now, I still have a tiny bit more to do on that extra contract job I got before I can go to bed, and I have to be back at the paper at 8 am, so I think I'll bid you adieu for now!

SueAnn and Sophie are ready.

hiker with dog
See Food is Done- 77 pounds for a major food preparation project
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!

2 comments:

vanilla said...

Walk on! May you find joy on the trail.

Ann Thompson said...

Enjoy the hike