Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, November 10, 2017

Morning Light

 
I liked the earliest stripes of light before the sun actually came up.

sunrise

You can see how the stripe persisted behind the apple tree on the right, but as the sun rose that bank of clouds lit up.

sunrise

In a couple more minutes I realized it was going to be one of those sunrises that lights up everything to the west with interesting colors. First it turned the aspen trees pink.

light on aspen

This was the whole scene out back. Yet another mood of my backyard.

sunrise on trees

Just before the effect faded, it made the two mulberry trees glow. This is the same effect that turned them all pink a few years ago (link at bottom- that picture is stunning). However, this time, it made them all orange.

sunrise on trees

Back to work in a couple of hours. I'm really tired tonight, so I hope things keep moving. If I can't think about it, it's not too bad.


See Pink, Blue (and Red)
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


3 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

What a beautiful way to start your day.

Rick (Ratty) said...

That's pretty good. I like sunrise pictures, and I like sunrises. I don't get to see many good sunrises here because my house is nestled right on the western edge of the Loess Hills. The hills effectively block a proper sunrise view. I usually don't go out very far that early, but it would just take a short drive over the hills.

Ann Thompson said...

A beautiful start to the day